Tuesday, August 3, 2010

1st Quilt Ever Series


I am making is a disappearing nine patch quilt. I first saw it on Craftster and she had the link for Obsessively Stitching. I have seen this done in a quilting magazine before but decided to try it this week. One of our good friends is having a baby in December and wanted to make one for her. She finds out what the sex of the baby is this Friday but decided to get the supplies for a boy. If she is having a girl I will get more fabric this weekend. I like to stock pile homemade baby gifts.

I was going to make it out of the fat quarters and thought they were on sale at Joann's this week but the sale starts on Friday.
These pictures are from my cellphone. I did bring my camera but I do not think I brought the card reader. It is nice being able to upload from the cell phone without the computer.

Picture of the fabric selection.

Fabric cut out and paired up

No comments: