Thursday, July 1, 2010

Miss to Mrs

With the wedding over now I can post some of the crafty ideas I did for our wedding in June. 

Birdcage veil with green flower
Knew I wanted a birdcage veil but did not find exactly want I wanted. I bought a birdcage veil kit off of etsy.com for $15. I should of just bought the netting because I used a different clip from Jo-ann's. I have been working/looking for the perfect flower for a long time. I bought a headband with flower from Claire's but was not it. I went to Charming Charlie's and my MOH found the green flower. It was on a headband with the flower and green Russian netting. I took off the headband and cut off the green netting. I hot glued my white netting inside and hot glued the clip in. Make sure you put the clip in the correct way in the hair. When I had my hair done we put extra hair pins to hold down the netting and flower. With the completed project I spent around $40 but could be less.



Hidden Mickey Heads
Another hair item I did was glued rhinestones to the end of hair pins (they are "u shaped" and can be found at Sally's). I also made some Mickey Mouse heads by gluing a large and 2 small rhinestones on a piece of clear plastic and cut it out then glued it on a hair pin. 

Life ring guest book
The company who did my wedding sells a life ring you can use as a guest book with your name and date with just vinyl lettering for $150. I found a life ring on Amazon for around $30. I was disappointed because it has been sitting in the box for a while and the white rope made a brown lines on the ring part. I put that in the back so you can not see it. It ended up a success and is hanging in our downstairs bathroom. I found the Disney cross stitch in the clearance section at Michael's. On of our friends thought it would be cute to have a digital picture frame in the middle. I liked the idea but there was no power outlet where it would be located.


Digital picture frame
With the digital picture frame out of the question in the life ring I still wanted it in the wedding. I loaded up pictures of us a children and pictures of us the past years together. DH has seen tons of pictures of me but I had not seen a lot of pictures of him when he was a child. The wedding planner put it in the bar and was good to see pictures from the past.

There was more items I made but that will be for another day.

No comments: